The Dömitzer Elbe EisenBahn bridge was built from 1870 to 1873 and heavily bombarded in WWII. The bridge remains have a length of about 550m consisting of 16 steel bridge parts with a concrete pillar structure for support. The steel frames span about 34m each.
The bridge with two towers used to service as a defence post. Both towers have a built area of 25 m² and are accessible from outer part of the defense wall. The tower area has kasematte-style ceilings.
The railroad leads about 1.8 km inland from the bridge to B191. The tracks are surrounded by a dense and beautiful forest.
The bridge is recognized as monument. (§ 35 BauGB /Biosphärenreservat “’Niedersächsische Elbtalaue”’).
Langendorf OT Kaltenhof lies at 6 km to the southwest of Dömitz, 11 km northeast of Dannenberg (Elbe)
and 34 km southwest of Ludwigslust (E9)
Plot: 70.689 m²